Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax is seeking a Director, APAC Regional Multi-Channel and Digital Marketing to join our growing marketing organization. This colleague will play a pivotal role in translating local level country insights to the global brand assets for APAC countries. This role will be based in our Novavax office in APAC or be remote, pending candidate’s current location in APAC. In this role, the Director, APAC Regional Multi-Channel and Digital Marketing will provide strategic insight and planning to balance short term goals with long term brand value in the digital/non-personal promotion space. This position will partner with the HQ- based Multi-Channel Center of Excellence colleagues to provide input into regional country level strategy and ensure that the local level requirements and insights are incorporated into the brand multi-channel assets being deployed in each country, as well as provide input into the country-specific media planning, channel planning, and non-personal promotion/digital reporting/analytics that will help establish and drive engagement with key stakeholders for Nuvaxovid, in addition to other vaccines in the pipeline. The Director, APAC Regional Multi-Channel and Digital Marketing will be an individual contributor role at the outset but may eventually have supervisory responsibility over other APAC-based multi-channel professionals.
This person will report to the Vice President, Global Marketing, based in the US HQ in Gaithersburg, MD in the interim until the GM, APAC, is hired. After the GM is in place, this role will report directly to the GM and dotted line to the Vice President, Global Marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Partner with global multi-channel COE to develop multi-channel strategies by country and adapt assets based on local insights and needs to execute a comprehensive multi-channel plan to key stakeholders within each priority country.
- Develop data driven, country-specific, customer focused multi-channel strategic and tactical plan for Novavax brands, beginning with Nuvaxovid, which includes media and channel-specific plans for priority commercial markets
- Create optimal marketing mix plans in the digital/non-personal promotion area to support brand engagement and value
- Monitor and oversee multi-channel tactic execution and performance for priority countries
- Recommend marketing adjustments based on performance measurements and observations across all customer touchpoints (media and production)
- Partner with market analytics group and multi-channel COE to establish a framework of customer centric KPIs that measure overall engagement with the Nuvaxovid, including point in time assessment of both content and channel effectiveness
- Partner with market analytics and communications counterparts to drive strategic optimization around established KPI framework
- Conduct market landscape analysis and assess market trends to identify new insights/technology/vendors/channels that may provide opportunities to reach and motivate key stakeholders
- Share multi-channel best practices with the broader commercial organization
- Build industry knowledge to ensure understanding and appreciation of methods and tactics that support brand engagement
- Partner with global multi-channel COE to execute ex-US NPP/digital strategy and tactics, including social media, videos, and websites
- Partner with global brand customer marketing team to ensure alignment on strategy and creative
- Relationship management and performance monitoring of media agency, and provide key input on performance monitoring for HCP and consumer agencies
- 10+ years of experience, including experience in commercial vaccine organizations
- Direct experience working in APAC countries required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Multi-channel, non-personal promotion and/or digital expertise, including social media (5+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise, skills, and aptitude to take informed, creative risks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team of highly capable professionals and aid in their career development
- Ability and agility to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Confidence and poise to work closely with senior executives
- Ability to partner across the commercial organization to translate insights or analytics into actionable recommendations
- Experience shaping and influencing organizational decision-making
- Strength in storytelling, data visualization and developing effective presentations
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong learning agility and demonstrated success solving ambiguous business issues
- Ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers
- Role will require ~30-40% international travel.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)