- JD, LL.B or equivalent practical experience, and authorized to practice law in Singapore.
- 16 years of experience in litigation/regulatory investigations and enforcement, including internal investigations and interactions with local or regional regulators.
- Experience managing or mentoring others, partnering with cross-functional teams, and influencing others without direct authority.
- 20 years of experience in litigation/regulatory investigations and enforcement, as internal investigations and incidents, and in strategically addressing, minimizing and avoiding regulatory risk, including experience with local and regional regulators and legislators.
- Experience in crisis management and compliance.
- Experience working at a US headquartered public company.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to be action-oriented and seek to meet high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management, analytical, and investigative skills.
Please contact the Recruiter to learn more about the role's timeline and process.
Alphabet’s Regulatory Response, Investigations and Strategy team (ARRIS) addresses issues that are both high-risk (as defined by Alphabet’s Enterprise Risk Management model) and involve regulatory scrutiny, enforcement actions, and other proceedings like shareholder litigation, internal investigations and data incidents, as well as other emerging risks across Alphabet and globally. That includes matters that relate to our people; our products; our users, legislators and society; and our ecosystem.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Respond to regulatory scrutiny, enforcement actions, and other proceedings in APAC.
- Manage investigations and incidents in APAC.
- Advise on the policies and processes by which Alphabet handles regulatory scrutiny, internal investigations, and significant incidents in APAC.
- Evaluate potential or emerging internal and external risk in APAC actively, and proactively undertake and strategically manage projects to address that risk and increase Alphabet’s resilience to that risk.